SMILE sessions provide a space for interaction and communication in a fun way, using smell, touch, taste, sound and sight. It is primarily for adults with complex needs, learning difficulty and autism using a total communication approach but the model can easily be adapted and is also used with children.
SMILE has been running since 2002, originating at Redlands, North Cherwell Day Service. It was set up by Celia Chasey whilst employed by OCC. She now runs SMILE independently providing a package which includes training staff to run sessions in their own venue, in day centres and residential homes.
She also runs sessions for children as part of a holiday scheme or she can tailor sessions to suit individual needs.
SMILE sessions can be visited at Redlands Daytime Support, Banbury - please contact Jayne England, Day Service Worker on 01295 263594.
Contact Name: Celia Chasey
Phone Number: 07904722620
Farms offer a space where people can learn and develop in an outdoor, open environment. The Farm Inspiration Trust currently runs two programmes on FAI (Food Animal Initiative) Farms in Wytham, 5 miles from the centre of Oxford:
- FarmAbility is a day service for adults with autism and learning disabilities
- Outdoor Classroom provides educational visits to the farm for school children
Phone Number: 01865 245604
Adress The Farm Inspiration Trust, The Field Station, Wytham, Oxford OX2 8QJ
Autism Family Support Oxfordshire provides:
- Support and Information for parents
- Activities and workshops for children & young people on the autism spectrum, including youth groups in Oxford and Abingdon
- Information, training, and consultation with professionals, including joint working and development
Phone: 01844 338696
Email: See their Contact Us page
Address: Thomley Hall Centre, Menmarsh Road, Worminghall, HP18 9JZ