Support for Parents, Carers and Families
- Are you a Direct Payment user receiving a Personal Budget from either Social Services or your local NHS?
- Do you support someone else to manage and use a Direct Payment?
- Are you a parent or someone with parental responsibility for managing a direct payment on behalf of a child?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above you may be interested in attending Connect-Up Oxfordshire, a local networking group for people using Direct Payments.
If you’re interested in attending Connect-Up please contact:
Name: Ann Cummings - Oxfordshire DP & Employment Advisor Administrator
Phone: 01865 410307
Email: [email protected]
Address: 213 Barns Road, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 3UT
Down’s Syndrome Oxford is a charity organised and funded by volunteer parents and supporters to provide information, support and activities for children and adults with Down’s Syndrome and their families living in Oxfordshire.
The members include parents, grandparents, friends, teachers, teaching assistants, therapists, medical professionals – anyone with a passion for supporting people with Down’s Syndrome.
All the funds DSO receives are generated by fundraising efforts by members and the generosity of their supporters. There is no membership fee and most activities are free, although they may ask for a small contribution at some events.
Autism Family Support Oxfordshire provides:
- Support and Information for parents
- Activities and workshops for children & young people on the autism spectrum, including youth groups in Oxford and Abingdon
- Information, training, and consultation with professionals, including joint working and development
Phone: 01844 338696
Email: See their Contact Us page
Address: Thomley Hall Centre, Menmarsh Road, Worminghall, HP18 9JZ
The Oxfordshire Family Support Network is run by and for family carers of people with learning disabilities (both children and adults). It was set up in 2007 by family carers who wanted to use their experience to help others in the same situation, based on their belief that family carers are experts by experience.
They provide independent information, advice and support to family carers of people of all ages with learning disabilities.
They also provide information, advice and training to professionals involved with people with learning disabilities.
Phone: 07596 784 947
Email: [email protected]
Address: The Charter, Abingdon, OX14