Super 8 Cricket
Super 8 Cricket is a pilot programme aiming to embed fun, relaxed, soft-ball disability cricket in club settings. It is backed by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
There are 4 participating clubs in Oxfordshire: at Didcot, Minster Lovell, Horspath and Bicester.
- Fun, soft ball cricket sessions for people with varying levels of disability.
- Including-Learning Disabilities, Autism/Asperger’s, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health Conditions, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment and Learning Difficulties.
- Run in club settings across Berks, Bucks and Oxon.
- Aim to provide an environment where people are able to engage in physical activity in a relaxed environment where fun is the main aim.
- A chance for people to get to know others.
- Open age sessions.
- Participants can attend on their own or with support. We actively encourage those supporting to participate in the sessions.
- Each Super 8 Centre will be supported by the ECB to accommodate the varying needs of each individual.
- Each Super 8 Centre will be provided with a set amount of Super 8 T-Shirts that they can give out to participants.
- Some Super 8 centres will be running at the same time as other club sessions. The aim of this is to boost social inclusion and increase awareness of disabilities.
- Cricket is a social, team sport but there are always opportunities for participants to engage on a more solitary, individual level.
- The sessions are FREE!
Website address: https://www.oxfordshire.cricket/participation/disability-cricket/
Contact Name: Richard Giles (Head of Oxfordshire Disability Cricket)
Phone: 07482 577424
Email: [email protected]
- S Prev